Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fond Farewell

Yesterday was my last day at Kaiser Permanente, my home these past 10 years.  In typical generous fashion, I was sent off with the famous office pot luck.  I love these food farewells because they are made with love, and you get a sense of where people come from.

There were ethnic delicacies such as Russian pierogies and Chinese napa salad, popular appetizers such as a 7 layer dip and deviled eggs, comfort entrees such as sausage and peppers and pulled pork sandwiches.  Let's not forget the desserts!  Not only did I get my favorite pies: key lime and pecan, there were homemade oatmeal cookies, brownies, raspberry lemon bars, and the biggest cake I've ever seen!

Not only are my colleagues some of the most talented cooks, they are the most dedicated and hard working group of doctors, nurses, and support staff I have been privileged to work with.

One day I hope to return the love they showed me with some special treats of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment