Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Coolinary Careers

   I admit, I am not that great of a cook.  I started cooking fairly late.  It was not until the past 10-15 years that I began exploring the wide world of cookery.   I wish that I could say that I have been cooking all my life.  I like to blame my mom for sheltering me from the "hazards" of the kitchen.  The first time I made spaghetti was in college.  I put the raw beef into the spaghetti sauce and boiled it all together.  Then I wondered why it was so greasy.  I am as aghast as you.

    However, I do love to eat and read about food, particularly restaurant reviews.   I have been fortunate to explore many fantastic restaurants.  We are blessed in Denver to have a thriving demand for great food.
My favorite past time is to read restaurant reviews in Denver Post and 5280 Magazine and make a reservation to taste for myself.  
     My dream is to become a food critic/restaurant reviewer.  Imagine, getting paid to eat!  But the possibilities in the food industry are limitless.  Aside from helming a restaurant as the executive chef, there is a plethora of food related career options.  I would also love to work for a food magazine or a research/test kitchen.  I am also intrigued by food tourism where you travel with a group to a particular locale and execute meals from the local markets.  Teaching or demonstrating cooking techniques to home cooks would also be an option.  At this point, I am open but giddy thinking of all the possibilities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment