Monday, November 10, 2014

Peanut Gallery

     Our formal classroom training is officially over.  We start our externship today.  Other than a couple kids who are going to upstate New York and Morimoto's in Napa, most of us are staying around Denver/Boulder. I am starting at Zucca in Lafayette.  The first day is somewhat intimidating because I don't know what to expect.  I wonder how my classmates will fare on their own. 
     It was at times comedic and at times dramatic cooking with my classmates these past seven months.  We definitely resemble the cast of characters from the Peanuts cartoon.  There were lots of Pig Pens.  One caused Chef to proclaim, "that is the dirtiest apron I have ever seen!"  Thankfully, the most olfactorily offensive ones dropped out early.  There was Linus, a moody, brooding, sensitive genius.  There was Lucy, a snarky, boorish, know it all/one upper.  Some resemble Sally who targeted a beau and stuck to them like glue; however, the target would change from day to day.  There was a hippy chick not far removed from Peppermint Patty.  And lets not forget self loathing and feckless Charlie Brown.  
     You might be wondering which of these characters I most parallel.  That would be Snoopy, of course!  I may not talk much, but I see everything!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment