Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Truly Elevated Relationship

   
     This entry is not about food.  But another four letter word, love.  We celebrated our 8 year anniver-sary yesterday.  Don surprised me with a gorgeous pair of Paul Green leather platform peep toe booties in Rosewood Metal.  Not only are they beautiful, they are buttery soft and super comfortable.  He spent way too much money.  I would never buy them for myself.  
     I'm not sure if I deserve the shoes, but I wonder if I deserve such a thoughtful and generous husband.  We are not spend thrifts but he does tend to lavish gifts upon me.  Although I am grateful for these gestures, I am most appreciative of the daily gifts of love and affirmation he has shown me these 8 years.  He makes me feel cherished every day.  And for that I am eternally grateful.  I hope that everyone can experience this kind of love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment